Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Syd Barrett-Magnesium Proverbs



In honor of Syd Barrett's birthday I have posted an album. I wanted to post one of his bootlegs called Magnesium Proverbs. I dont know much about this album but I know it has plenty of great Syd songs and some very rare hard to find tracks. defiantly something for a real fan. here is a review i found on line:

"It is a collection of lots of Syd stuff. Some of which is of good quality, some bad. There are a few common tracks which I believe are the standard released versions (Emily, Candy and a Currant Bun etc.) but some other rarer tracks of very good quality - Scream Thy Last Scream, Vegetable Man, Lucy Leave, King Bee. It also contains radio recordings of Reaction in G and Stoned Alone. These are not of such good quality. Also there is a few tracks of Syd supposedly during his only live solo performance (1st June 1970 I think) where he plays Baby Lemonade, Evervescing Elephant etc. but I'm not sure about these. The quality is poor but it is definately Syd, and it's definately live. The CD finnishes with a recording of the backwards message from the Wall."

Get it

No comments: